888-384-7144 info@insidequantumtechnology.com

Bitcoin Millionaire Michael Saylor Addresses Threat of Quantum Computing in Interview

By IQT News posted 13 Nov 2020

(DailyHodl) IQT News provides excerpts of the colorful interview between analyst and investor Scott Melker and MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor.
Saylor explained that anyone who builds a machine that can crack the cryptographic algorithms keeping the internet secure will have other things to think about aside from Bitcoin. “If I have to hear one more ** crypto Twitter person tell me, ‘Aren’t you concerned about quantum computer attacks?’ . . .
. . . Let me tell you what I think when I hear those things. If some dude ever does invent the all-powerful quantum computer that can crack anything, they have the option to start a war, topple a government, destroy and kill anybody or anything, take anything they want from anybody they want. You think they’re really going to bother to try to take 0.1% of the wealth in the world when they could have the other 99.9%?. . and so, I’m not concerned about the dude with the atomic overthruster magic genie that can do anything because I think when you have infinite power, there’s other things that are more interesting to do with it.”
Saylor says people looking to invest in any company in the world could sit around worrying about the threat of quantum computing – and they would never make any money.. .”. . no one who is a shareholder of Amazon or Facebook or Google gets up in the morning and says, ‘Oh my God, I have to sell my Apple stock because someone might invent a quantum computer.’

Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter

Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the Quantum Technology industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.