Become a member of Sherbrooke’s Quantum Innovation Zone and gain access to cutting-edge technologies by becoming the first Director of DevTeQ!
Humanify is proud to support the Quantum Innovation Zone in recruiting the future manager of the quantum space laboratory in Sherbrooke, Québec.
DevTeQ offers technologies such as a quantum computer, cryogenic dilution refrigerators, a clean room, control and acquisition electronics, soldering and micro-welding stations, optical microscopes, a sample preparation room (wet benches), a prototyping workshop and photonic optics equipment, to name but a few.
- Coordinate the scheduling of bookings, training and new users, invoicing for services and the development of the platform
- Make mature, independent decisions and resolve DevTeQ administrative issues, with the aim of maximizing research productivity
- Develop new partnerships and establish working relationships with DevTeQ customers
- Ensure the operational management of the platform
- Participate in the conceptualisation and implementation of projects. Help to establish project schedules, milestones and deliverables. Oversee the progress of projects, liaise and ensure that deadlines are met
- Manage the training of users, ensure that the platform's operating rules are respected and the disciplinary process where necessary
- Assisting the Platform Director in the platform's outreach and development activities
- Experience in the coordination and administrative management of a research group, project or laboratory
- Ability to interact with various members of a research group and to communicate with specialists and non-specialists in the field
- Have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English, a strong command of French is preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks and deadlines, prioritize effectively and adapt quickly and effectively to change.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, and resolve them effectively
- Demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with confidential matters, politically sensitive issues and diverse individuals
- Excellent ability to write clear, structured and concise documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications at an intermediate level
- Be willing to work flexible hours during peak periods
What will set you apart 👉
- A real passion for technology
- Excellent customer service and support
- An ability to solve problems
- In-depth knowledge of search platform management
This is your chance to be part of a stimulating and revolutionary research environment.
You'll be working alongside highly qualified staff who will be driving tomorrow's economy.