(IQTEurope) Taro Shimada, Corporate Vice President and Chief Digital Officer, Toshiba Corporation, will deliver the Keynote for “Quantum Communications Day” at IQT Europe on October 29, 2020 at 12:45. Toshiba is the sponsor of the ‘Quantum Communications Day”.
Taro Shimada joined Toshiba in October 2018 as Corporate Digital Business Chief Strategy Officer. In April 2019 he was appointed Chief Digital Officer, responsible for supporting Toshiba’s digital transformation and spearheading strategic business creation and promotion.
In carrying out these responsibilities, Mr. Shimada draws on a wealth of experience in hardware development, including aircraft; in process consultation ranging from automobiles to precision machinery design and heavy industry; and in product life cycle management software. An expert in Factory Automation, he has advised many of Japan’s leading global manufacturers on digitization, and is currently an advisor to the Robot Revolution & Industrial IoT Initiative, and to the IoT Acceleration Lab. He has also contributed to the activities of Industrie 4.0 in Germany and Connected Industries in Japan.
Mr. Shimada began his career in1990 at ShinMaywa Industries Kobe, where he worked on aircraft for Boeing and McDonnell Douglas. In 1999 he joined Structural Dynamics Research Corporation, a part of Siemens, and took on a series of progressively senior post at Siemens KK, and at Siemens HQ in Germany. Immediately prior to joining Toshiba, Mr. Shimada was Executive Operating Officer at Siemens K.K.
Mr. Shimada is a graduate of Konan University. His relaxes by playing the drums, and enjoys all genres of music.
About the Event:
This is Inside Quantum Technology’s fourth conference on the commercialization of quantum technology. Quantum technology has come a long way since we held the first ever quantum technology conference almost two years ago in Boston and our first European quantum technology conference in The Hague. This year’s IQT Europe is online.
- This conference is a continuation of IQT’s European shows and, as always, we are running it in conjunction with our partner, QuTech (founded by the Technical University Delft and the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research). The European orientation of this conference is reflected in many of our speakers who will come from both the leading European multinationals as well as European based quantum startups. There will also be speakers from both the EU and individual European governments.
- Inside Quantum Technology Europe will be focused on the practicalities of implementing quantum technology in the real world. We will hear from end-user firms, technology firms and policy makers on making quantum technology a reality.
Six Reasons for Attending:
- Enhance your knowledge of quantum technology commercialization in Europe.
- Learn from the best.
- Network with your peers.
- Make long-term relationships.
- Present your ideas, skills and new products.
- Latest conferencing platform.