(DarkReading) Quantum computing will break most of the encryption schemes on which we rely today. These five tips will help you get ready.
1) Take Action: Monitor the development of both quantum computers and post-quantum standards and protocols.
2) Double Key Sizes: Double your key sizes for symmetric algorithms. A good place to start is AES-256.
3) Embrace the Hash: Hash-based signatures are a viable quantum-safe trust mechanism you can use in the near future.
4) Mix and match crypto: Explore hybrid cryptography, which combines conventional RSA or elliptic-curve cryptography with one or more of the new “quantum-resistant” algorithms.
5) Talk to your provider: Talk to your cryptography provider about their plans for quantum-resistant computing and build quantum-resistant crypto into your deployments, such as certificate-based authentication using public key infrastructure.