(IQT.Europe) Harry Buhrman, Executive Director of QuSoft, Professor of algorithms, complexity theory, and quantum computing at the University of Amsterdam has agreed to KEYNOTE at the IQT Europe Online event at 3 pm on October 28.
Harry Buhrman is professor of algorithms, complexity theory, and quantum computing at the University of Amsterdam (UvA), group leader of the Quantum Computing Group at the Center for Mathematics and Informatics (CWI), and executive director of QuSoft, a research center for quantum software, which he co-founded in 2015. He built the quantum computing group at CWI, which was one of the first groups worldwide and the first in The Netherlands working on quantum information processing. Buhrman’s research focuses on quantum computing, algorithms, and complexity theory. He co-developed the area of quantum communication complexity (distributed computing), and demonstrated for the first time that certain communication tasks can be solved (exponentially) more efficient with quantum resources. This showed that quantum computers can not only speed up computations, but also communication – which opened up a whole new application area of quantum information processing. Buhrman co-developed a general method to establish the limitations of quantum computers, and a framework for the study of quantum query algorithms, which is now textbook material.
He obtained a prestigious Vici-award and has coordinated several national and international quantum computing projects. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of QUTE-EUROPE and QUIE2T (European) and of CIFAR, IQC, INTRIQUE (Canadian). He started and chaired the first steering committee for QIP, the main international conference on quantum information.
Exhibit and sponsor opportunities are available. Click here for details on exhibiting and sponsoring.
The event is brought to you by 3DRHoldings and QuTech.
Six Reasons for Attending Inside Quantum Technology Europe
- Enhance your knowledge of quantum technology commercialization in Europe. Inside Quantum Technology Europe will offer attendees 60 + expert speakers There will also be a state-of-the-art online Exhibit Hall in which leading hardware and software firms, along with service providers, will display and demonstrate their latest products and strategies.
- Learn from the best. At Inside Quantum Technology you will learn from thought-leaders in the quantum technology field as well as meet the newest entrants into the field. You will also be able to ask presenters questions about their work and the rationale behind it.
- Network with your peers. At Inside Quantum Technology there will be plenty of time to network, do deals, meet new customers and see new products. Inside Quantum Technology Europe will help attendees meet new colleagues and discuss the latest opportunities in the quantum technology space.
- Make long-term relationships. At Inside Quantum Technology Europe You can expect to make new contacts that may be your collaborators and colleagues in the future. You may make a connection with someone that will dramatically impact your professional career or just further establish yourself in your field — find a new job, recruit skilled people for a position at your organization or company.
- Present your ideas, skills and new products. Inside Quantum Technology will provide attendees the opportunity to talk about their own research and development work and gain novel perspectives and feedback from others at the conference.
- Latest conferencing platform. Our state-of-the art conferencing platform will also enable attendees to network online with speakers, exhibitors, and other attendees to exchange experiences and conduct business. Inside Quantum Technology will be a great way to meet new people in the world of European quantum technology.