DOD Looking for Quantum Technologies – April 30 Deadline
(BETA.sam.gov) The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Rapid Reaction Technology Office (RRTO) will conduct a Solutions Meeting on behalf of the Deputy Director for Developmental Test, Evaluation and Prototyping (DTEP) in Summer 2020 in McLean, VA. The meeting provides selected innovative companies with an opportunity to make short technical presentations to Government representatives about their technologies. There is a potential for companies to be selected for pilot prototyping, demonstration, or experimentation for the most compelling solutions. Quantum is one several technologies solicited for the Solutions Meeting–see complete list below.
NOTE: Complete application info at conclusion of this article.
The Deputy Director for Developmental Test, Evaluation and Prototyping is looking for highly innovative technologies that have the potential to provide leap-ahead capabilities against near-peer adversaries and fill gaps in critical joint mission needs no later than 2028. DTEP is focused on technologies within the DoD modernization areas as well as the specified joint interest areas below.
DoD Modernization Areas in Alphabetical Order:
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
The following information is required in the application. (Note: Only one application is permitted per company, or per major division of a large company.): ** All applications must be in the body of the email. No attachments are allowed.
- Email subject line “DTEP Solutions Meeting Application”
- Company name
- Website address
- POC, email, phone number and an alternate POC if desired
- A succinct single paragraph description (100 words or less in length and no bullets) of the technology that the company plans to discuss if they are selected to present at the Solutions Meeting. This description must focus on the technology and the envisioned use of that technology, and not a description of the company. The current TRL of the technology and the basis for assertion must be included.
- Identify one modernization or interest area in the emboldened lists above that the technology most appropriately fits. Do not list multiple modernization or interest areas.
- Although the 100-word submission must be unclassified, DTEP is also interested in classified technologies. Classified briefings and discussions may be held after the initial 100-word submission is selected for the Solutions Meeting.
All applications must be received on or before 5:00 PM EDT, 30 April, 2020.